This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data.
- PRV Engineering Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your data
- Contact details
- Company Name: PRV Engineering Limited
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Pegasus House, Polo Grounds, New Inn, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 0TW
- Telephone: 01495769697
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
- DATA WE COLLECT, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND WHAT GROUNDS WE PROCESS IT
- Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual
- We may process the following categories of personal data about you
Employee data – this includes data for current and former employees such as name, title, address, and phone number. Our lawful ground for this is the performance of a contract between the company and the individual.
Customer/Supplier data – this includes data relating to purchases of goods and/or services such as name , title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number and contact details. This data is processed for legitimate interests to maintain records of any transactions and for the performance of the contract between ourselves and the Customer/Supplier.
Communication data – this includes any communication that you send to us through our website, through email, text, social media messaging or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you. Our lawful ground for processing this is our legitimate interest which in this case is to reply to communications sent to us, to maintain records and to establish, pursue business transactions and/or defend legal claims.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us, for example by filling in forms, telephone calls or by sending emails.
- We may automatically collect data from you as you use our website.
- We may receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and Credit Reference Agencies.
- We may collect data from interactions on social media platforms such as Linkedin and Facebook etc.
- We may collect data from personal vists to our premises and from personal visits to your premises and from interactions at shows and events.
- DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may have to share your personal data with parties set out below
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of the data and process for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- DATA SECURITY
- We have put in place measures to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used, changed, disclosed or accessed without authorisation.
- We allow access to your personal data only to the employees and directors who have a business need to access such data.
- We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
- DATA RETENTION
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
- For legal obligations the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers/Suppliers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for a period six years from the transaction date however this data will also be maintained for as long as you remain a Customer/Supplier and for a period of 6 years beyond such time as that relationship mat be terminated.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.